Getting your products found and purchased on Etsy – one of the best selling platforms with unimaginable onsite competition, takes a lot of effort. Yet, it is still achievable by conducting a proper Etsy keyword search. Especially, thanks to the digital era, you can easily access an Etsy keyword tool. However, given thousands of options, choosing a perfect one may be overwhelming.
Understanding this dilemma, LitCommerce has investigated and rounded up a list of 8 best Etsy keyword research tools:
Let’s wait no longer and find your best Etsy keyword tool!
Expand Beyond Etsy with LitCommerce
Why to limit selling on Etsy? Leverage the power of multichannel selling to sell more. With LitCommerce, you can easily connect various sales channels and manage them in one dashboard.
Etsy Keyword Tool Overview
We’re sure you are eager to learn details about the best Etsy SEO tools and get more sales on this top online marketplace. Nonetheless, it is imperative to walk through the basics. Therefore, we devote this section to explaining what an Etsy keyword tool is and why you should use them when selling on Etsy. Shall we start now?
What is an Etsy keyword tool?
Simply put, an Etsy keyword tool is a software or application designed to help sellers optimize their product listings. Specifically, an Etsy keyword finder will identify the most relevant keywords to buyers’ search intent and have a higher chance of visibility for products on Etsy.
As Etsy sellers use a keyword search tool, they are likely to gain full analysis of search data and insights into search terms on the marketplace. Furthermore, an Etsy keyword generator also evaluates several metrics during the research process, explained below.
Major Etsy keyword metrics
When an Etsy keyword tool conducts its research, it tends to assess 4 primary metrics, listed as follows.
- Search volume: This metric represents how often a keyword is searched on Etsy. In particular, a keyword with excessive search volume indicates increasing popularity, great potential for visibility, and partly shopping behaviors on the platform. However, popular Etsy keywords usually mean intense competition.
- Competition level: The second metric assessed during a keyword-generating process is the competition factor. As mentioned, a popular search term may indicate fierce competition levels. Not to mention, a competitive keyword may be challenging to rank, especially for new or small Etsy sellers. Hence, in many cases, they are advised to target less competitive keywords to have more chances of ranking.
- Relevance: The third metric refers to how compatible a keyword is with a specific product search intent. In other words, when an Etsy seller has highly relevant keywords in his listings, his products are likely visible to customers who are genuinely interested.
- Long-tail keywords: An Etsy keyword tool will give insights into long-tail keywords as an evaluation factor. In particular, long-tail keywords refer to Etsy searches of 3 or more words. In general, they appear to have lower search volume and short terms. Nonetheless, they can be valuable for targeting niche markets and reaching more shoppers with high buying intent.
Other metrics you might want to consider
Although the following mentions are not direct keyword metrics, you can still use an Etsy keyword tool as a supporter to generate certain data. Also, we believe the below factors will be valuable contributors to the overall selling strategies on Etsy. They include conversion rate and Etsy trending searches
- Conversion rate: When choosing keywords generated by Etsy tools, a seller should consider their ability to convert a buyer once he has reached a certain traffic level. Besides, it is worth noting that the conversion rate is closely related to keyword relevance and long-tail keywords.
- Etsy search trends: Every seller should keep an eye on trending Etsy searches to track current customers’ tendencies and predict future shopping behaviors. Moreover, including them in a listing can gain e-sellers a chance to ride the wave of popular product trends.
Why use an Etsy keyword tool?
Is it necessary to use an Etsy keyword tool while you sell on this marketplace? Yes, it certainly is! From our perspective, here are 4 main reasons.
- An Etsy keyword tool improves overall discoverability: First and foremost, you can have a greater visibility chance when having the most relevant keywords generated by these Etsy SEO tools. On top of that, some tools even provide instructions to optimize your product listings (Etsy tags, descriptions, titles, etc.) and make them appealing to customers, as well as Etsy search algorithms.
- An Etsy keyword tool can create a competitive advantage: Given the rising competition, why not use the help of Etsy tools to find out the most potential search terms and get ahead of the race?
- An Etsy keyword tool enables attracting targeted traffic: Keyword relevance and long-tail keywords can decide if your products reach genuinely interested buyers. This is exactly where an Etsy keyword research tool plays its role. By using one, you can figure out the most specific and relevant keywords for your target audience.
- An Etsy keyword tool provokes data-driven decision-making: Lastly, we believe an Etsy keyword application gives you the input to make final decisions since it offers detailed search data analytics and testing. Based on the provided information, you can then determine which keywords to include or prioritize, as well as ways to refine your sales performance in the long run.
8 Best Etsy Keyword Tools to Skyrocket Your Sales
As promised, it’s time to show you the 8 top Etsy keyword generators. In the upcoming section, we will cover 8 detailed reviews, including highlight features, pricing plans, and limitations. Let’s dive into them now!
#1. EtsyHunt – Best overall
To begin with, EtsyHunt has been excelling as an Etsy keyword tool and actively supporting sellers. In particular, EtsyHunt not only helps with generating the best ideas for high-profit items but also grants access to in-depth insights into competitor analysis, detailed product research reports, and many others. Now, let’s check what this Etsy keyword generator has in store for you.
- Etsy keyword research: In general, EtsyHunt lets you browse top Etsy searches and identify what keywords you should prioritize. Normally, the overview analysis contains figures of views, favorites, competition levels, sales capabilities, and reviews. Furthermore, this Etsy keyword tool can inspect the searched terms’ performance on Google (monthly search volume, Cost per click, and Paying difficulty).
- Product research: EtsyHunt lets you conduct Etsy product research within 44+ million products and show reports of the first 600 best selling items on Etsy. The reports include 7-day sales performance, total sales, reviews, and favorites. Besides, you can see their tendencies and use EtsyHunt filters to investigate any product.
- Seller analysis: This Etsy keyword tool helps you by providing reports of 600 top merchants on Etsy with sales performance, reviews and ratings, on-sale item quantities, and creation time. Like product research, the seller analysis function also allows you to investigate specific merchants on Etsy by using its filters and search bar.
- Followup reminder: This is a helpful function if you are targeting to enhance sales performance. Detailedly, EtsyHunt assists you in sending, viewing, and requesting notifications or reviews from customers individually. Aside from that, order information will be displayed.
- Listing optimization: Should you be new to Etsy, using an Etsy keyword tool with listing optimization is highly recommended. Speaking of which, EtsyHunt will give you listing analysis (views, sales, conversion, etc.) and optimization guidance when in use. Especially, each listing gets suggested specific SEO practices to enhance its visibility and sales capabilities. And the best part? They are free!
- Etsy Sellers extension: Lastly, EtsyHunt has worked on its two free plugins: Etsy Rank and Etsy Tags, which let you look up the best Etsy keywords and products with one click. They are now available on Google Chrome and Edge Add-ons.
You may call EtsyHunt a free Etsy keyword tool, since the house offers a $0 plan. This plan mostly serves as a product experience before a purchase decision is made. Apart from the EtsyHunt Free plan, you can refer to others, including Basic, Pro, and Team.
$0/ month - Experience product keyword and shop analysis
$3.99/ month - Helping single-shop seller
$19.99/ month - Advanced selection for multi-store sellers
$59.99/ month - Designed for team sellers
In spite of all the benefits of the Etsy keyword tool – EtsyHunt, many sellers have claimed that it often takes them a while to interpret and process the data provided. Should this be the case, you may have to spend more time and effort as a new Etsy seller to fully comprehend EtsyHunt’s reports and analysis during your selling process.
#2. Alura – Best all-in-one Etsy keyword tool
Reputing itself as the “All-in-one” supporter of Etsy’s success, Alura is now considered among the top Etsy keyword research applications. Apparently, this Etsy keyword tool has received positive feedback from users because it offers users incredible resources that help them acquire new skill sets and knowledge. Undoubtedly, such material has been helpful to Etsy sellers, whether they are new to the marketplace or not.
But that’s not all. Alura has also attracted 121+ thousand Etsy sellers for its 4 remarkable features. For now, why don’t we look closer at its features and determine if Alura is your best Etsy keyword tool?
- Etsy keyword research: Compared to other Etsy tools, Alura has got extensive reports containing total views, favorites, competition levels, sales, average pricing, shop competing number, listing age, and category. Also, you can get similar keywords with relatively high rankings for further listing optimization.
- Product research: The product research function is divided into two options: Product Seeker and Shop Analyzer. Shortly, the Product Seeker generates product ideas and assesses a certain potential product based on 7 metrics, while the Shop Analyzer gets you insights into the most popular merchants. Additionally, you can investigate a certain shop simply by entering its URL or shop name into the search bar.
- Email sender: This feature by the Etsy keyword tool – Alura will be extremely helpful for sellers looking to upper their sales. Specifically, the Email sender is designed for you to keep up with customers and implement any campaign. What’s more, Alura users can customize their emails excessively before sending them, given comprehensive instructions.
- AI assistant: Alura AI assistant Ava is the latest function released that helps create compelling product descriptions and customer support answers, as well as review responses. Particularly, customization is available for all these tasks.
Alura has 3 pricing tiers for different business models as follows.
$0/ month - Ideal for new Etsy sellers just getting started
$19.99/ month - Best for growing Etsy stores
$29.99/ month - Perfect for established Etsy sellers
Like any other Etsy keyword tool, Alura has certain limitations. Speaking of which, we’ve realized its most significant drawback is the ability to provide relatively accurate statistics (about 85% to 90%).
#3. Everbee – Best Etsy keyword tool for spotting trending products
Should you be a new Etsy seller and looking for an easy-to-use Etsy keyword tool for spotting product trends, Everbee may just be the one. Although Everbee’s reports are not as in-depth as those of Alura or EtsyHunt, this Etsy SEO tool is more effective in spotting trending products. To find out exactly why it may function better than its competitors, let’s look at its 2 outstanding features.
- Etsy keyword research: As an Etsy keyword tool, Everbee helps inform a search term’s performance on Etsy and generate the most relevant keywords. In Everbee’s overview analysis, you can gain details about total views, competition rate, keyword score, and current trends.
- Product analytics: Like Alura, Everbee’s Product analytics feature also divides into two branches: Term analyzer and Shop analyzer. Simply put, the Term analyzer is responsible for generating the most potential product ideas and showing you a grasp of their pricing, trends, as well as sales performance. On the other hand, the Shop analyzer gives you insights into the most popular shops on Etsy.
Everbee has 3 pricing plans, including Hobby, Pro, and Growth, which are listed in the table below.
$0/ month - Experience keyword research and analytics tools
$7.99/ month - For single-shop or new Etsy sellers
$19.99/ month - For sellers with scaling businesses
Despite doing a great job in spotting trending products and generating Etsy product ideas, Everbee can have some room for improvement, especially its loading speed.
#4. eRank – Best Etsy keyword tool for beginners
Have you ever considered using eRank for Etsy? If not, it may be worth giving a try. To summarize, eRank is among the top choices for an effective Etsy keyword tool with a wide range of features for listing optimization and term research. Yet, there are 3 remarkable features, including Etsy keyword search, trend inspection, and top seller analysis. Right below are our comprehensive updates on each.
- Etsy keyword research: eRank offers a highly detailed overview of each search term. Specifically, for one keyword report, you will get information about total views, average daily and weekly views, as well as average pricing. All of these data are withdrawn from 100+ listings analyzed directly from Etsy.
- Trend inspection: What many sellers, and probably you, love about eRank is its trend inspector. Explained in detail, the trend inspection feature allows you to track trending Etsy keywords. Although the trend inspector limits you to research in 6 areas only, it lets you do similar searches on other marketplaces, such as Amazon, Facebook Marketplace, Google Shopping, and many more!
- Top seller analysis: Finally, eRank also enables investigating the Etsy top sellers and provides insights into their locations and general sales performance. Adding to that, the Top seller analysis function lets you detect the most popular shops according to their categories. By doing so, eRank offers more subjective acknowledgments compared to its competitors.
Unlike the mentioned Etsy keyword tools above, eRank has no free plan. Instead, it promotes Basic, Pro, and Expert plans, starting from $5.99 monthly.
$5.99/ month - For Etsy shops with up to 200 listings
$9.99/ month - For Etsy shops with up to 4000 listings
$29.99/ month - For Etsy shops with up to 5000 listings
From our viewpoint, it would be better if eRank could enhance its customer service quality and response speed to the next level. However, regarding a top Etsy keyword tool, eRank is surely worth your trial.
#5. Crest – Best Etsy shop management supporter
Here is a trustable Etsy keyword tool, which we believe to be helpful for both experienced and new Etsy sellers. The rationale behind our assumption is that Crest is fully functional as an Etsy shop assistant with keyword generating, customer analyzing, SEO optimizing, performance tracking and forecasting, as well as listing managing. To gain a more insightful outlook on Crest, why don’t we discuss its features in the following section?
- Etsy keyword research: Crest mostly researches and systemizes a set of most potential keywords retreated from real-time data on Etsy. As a result, the effectiveness of keyword investigation is remarkable, and you can easily determine which search term will get prioritized in your listings.
- Customer analytics: Here is a robust feature by Crest – customer analytics by location. This lets you get advanced information about your audience (or soon-to-be). The details include countries, order values, and total sales recorded in that location.
- Real-time search engine optimization: Compared to other Etsy SEO tools, Crest is having a winning point with its potent integrated SEO engine. It lets you know which SEO aspects need improvement in your listings (titles, tags, and descriptions). Over and above that, you will receive real-time feedback and updates on how your listings are doing.
- Performance tracking and forecast: The next helpful feature by Crest is sales performance tracking and forecast with real-time data gathered from your store. Besides, you can set goals for your business using Crest.
- Listing management: Just as importantly, the Crest Etsy keyword tool assists you in managing your listing, and it doesn’t limit to optimizing. You can now generate video content from existing listings, and all data is managed from one central place.
To our realization and comparison with other Etsy SEO tools, Crest is quite a cost-effective supporter, given its pricing of $12.99 per month.
All-level pricing tier
$12.99/ month - An effective but affordable Etsy keyword tool
If you are a multistore seller with more than 3 stores at a time, Crest may meet your needs. Currently, this Etsy tool only lets you connect 3 stores maximally.
#6. Sale Samurai – Best long-tail Etsy keyword generator
Coming next on our list of the best Etsy keyword tools is Sale Samurai. Currently, this tool has been trusted by 1000+ Etsy sellers and still counting. Speaking more about Sale Samurai, the reason why it may make the best Etsy keyword tool refers to the capability to generate specific and intent-aligning long-tail terms.
Nonetheless, spotting long-tail keywords is not the only significant feature of Sale Samurai. Other features you should consider about this Etsy tool are listing analytics and a fee calculator.
- Etsy keyword research: Sale Samurai has an incredible capability to generate long-tail search terms that match buying intent as an Etsy keyword tool. By having such terms in your listings, your products are likely to reach customers who are highly interested in them, leading to a higher chance of purchase.
- Listing analytics: Another reason why many sellers regard Sale Samurai as the best Etsy SEO tool lies in its ability to optimize their listings to the fullest potential. Specifically, the listing analytics feature by Sale Samurai tells exactly whether your item listing is optimized or not. Then, it will provide you with SEO practices to enhance the listing.
- Etsy fee calculator: Calculating profit can get confusing for new merchants at first because you have to deduct Etsy seller fees and perhaps taxes from the total sale price. Should this be your dilemma, you have a good reason to use Sale Samurai and its fee calculator. All you need to do is fill in your pricing, cost, and tax rate (if needed), then the fee calculator will give out the estimated profit in return.
Sale Samurai allows you to select between 2 major pricing tiers, which are Monthly and Yearly. Before paying for one of the plans, you will have a 3-day trial.
$9.99/ month - Most popular plan
$99.99/ 12 months - Get 20% off for annual billing
We don’t think highly of Sale Samurai reports of competitors on Etsy since they only cover the most basic information (about 85% of real-time updates). However, the data of top searches offered by this Etsy keyword tool is very helpful.
#7. Marmalead – Best user-friendly Etsy keyword tool
One of our final Etsy keyword tool recommendations is Marmalead, which is trusted by thousands of Etsy sellers. In brief, Marmalead would make a perfect choice if you are looking for a user-friendly tool with precise keyword research. Also, Marmalead can be an ideal tool if you are a new Etsy seller. In fact, it is incredibly popular for entrepreneurs.
- Etsy keyword research: When it comes to keyword search and analytics, Marmalead is likely to provide you with the best ideas gathered from real merchants on Etsy. In specific, this Etsy keyword tool conducts research from the best selling shops, depending on categories. Furthermore, within the keyword research analytics by Marmalead, it is possible to evaluate term performance based on search volume, actual engagement, seasonality, forecasting, and comparison.
- Listing optimization: Spectacularly, Marmalead will generate a listing score for you and point out which SEO aspects need to be improved. Also, this Etsy tool can show you the sales factors. Sales factors are the elements that affect a successful sale once your listing goes live on Etsy.
Marmalead has only one pricing tier and no free trial.
$19/ month or $15.83/ month for annual billing
Perhaps not letting users experience the services and keyword features is the biggest drawback of Marmalead. Not to mention, $19 per month may be expensive for an Etsy seller.
#8. Keyword Dominator – Best value for money
The last Etsy keyword tool we would like to introduce is the Keyword Dominator. Although it is not as functional as EtsyHunt or Alura, Keyword Dominator has some outstanding points that gain it a competitive edge. The two most remarkable benefits of Keyword Dominator are its one-time payment (which makes it the most monetarily valuable tool) and multiple-marketplace compatibility. To have further insights, it’s time we look at its features below.
- Etsy keyword research: Whenever you enter a search term into Keyword Dominator, it will instantly generate all possible relevant keywords with the best volume and highest popularity score. Especially, Keyword Dominator also reveals numerous long-tail keywords that align with different buying intent for each Etsy search.
- Marketplace compatibility: This is the biggest difference between Keyword Dominator and other Etsy keyword research tools. Once you have created an account on the site, it will let you search keywords from 8 more platforms, including Amazon, eBay, Facebook Marketplace, Google Shopping, Home Depot, Walmart, Youtube, and Bing.
Keyword Dominator is the only Etsy keyword tool that allows a lifetime payment, and the pricing is extremely affordable. Here is a glance at it.
Etsy keyword tool
$29 - One time payment
Keyword tool suite
$89 - One time payment
$69 - One time payment
You cannot use Keyword Dominator until you have installed its extension on Google Chrome. This happens even after you have got an account, and we think this may decrease the user experience onsite.
5 Etsy SEO Tips for Store Optimization
Want to know more Etsy SEO tips? We’ve got your back right here. In this final section, let’s check out the 5 best practices!
#1. Research keywords
Keywords play a massive role in SEO because they can increase your visibility, direct your listings to target traffic, create a competitive advantage, and leverage the chance of a conversion. Based on the given reasons, it is a must to research keywords carefully before you start listing a product.
When looking for a specific search term, you can use an Etsy keyword tool mentioned above to find out its analysis and further references. As discussed, we encourage you to use such Etsy SEO tools because they provoke data-driven decision-making and provide the accurate inputs you need. Also, they generate the best product ideas, and some can even give you a grasp of future trends.
#2. Optimize product listings
Just like Etsy keyword research, listing optimization contributes a lot to an increase in visibility, quality traffic, and conversion chances. Here are the tips to advance 3 factors of your product listings on Etsy.
- Title: We suggest you include your primary keywords in the listing title to improve search visibility. Also, while you optimize your title, try to craft a concise and descriptive one that accurately represents your product. Apart from that, you need to ensure the title reads naturally.
- Description: As an Etsy seller, you should write detailed and engaging descriptions that provide essential information about your product. When it comes to product descriptions, remember to use relevant keywords naturally throughout the description, focusing on key features, benefits, and unique selling points. Aside from it, make the description easy to read, well-organized, and visually appealing with bullet points and paragraphs.
- Tag: You can use up to 13 tags on Etsy for one product listing, and it is recommendable to take advantage of them all. During your optimization process with product tags, it is a good idea to ask for help from a trusted Etsy keyword tool.
Speaking of listings, don’t forget to check out LitCommerce’s latest updates on Etsy listing tools!
#3. Categorize products properly
Another Etsy SEO practice is to categorize your products. To our belief, proper categorization of products on Etsy is crucial for various reasons. Primarily, it enhances the user experience by facilitating easy navigation and helping customers find what they’re looking for.
On top of that, accurate categorization increases the visibility of your products in relevant search results and category browsing, attracting a more qualified audience interested in the specific category. It also allows you to differentiate your products from competitors within the same category, standing out and capturing customer attention.
Additionally, proper Etsy product categorization builds trust and credibility, showing that you understand your products and their intended use. Not to mention, this streamlined approach improves conversion rates by reducing customer frustration and increasing the likelihood of making a purchase.
Finally, categorizing your products provides valuable insights and analytics, helping you identify trends, understand customer preferences, and make informed decisions for your shop’s success on Etsy.
#4. Generate backlinks to Etsy shop
We highly recommend you generate backlinks to your Etsy shop. In general, it can be a beneficial Etsy SEO strategy to increase visibility and drive traffic to your listings. Discussing the matter further, backlinks are incoming links from external websites that point to your Etsy shop, indicating that other websites consider your content valuable or authoritative.
Nevertheless, you need to consider several factors before generating backlinks to your Etsy shop:
- Relevance and quality: You should acquire backlinks from websites that are relevant to your niche or industry. Undoubtedly, receiving backlinks from reputable and high-quality websites can positively impact your search engine rankings and credibility.
- Natural link building: Try to prioritize natural link building. To do this, you need to enhance product and customer service quality, as well as promote your shop. When you offer value and build a strong reputation, other websites may naturally link to your Etsy shop.
- Etsy policy for external websites: Before pursuing backlinks, you must review Etsy’s policies regarding external linking and ensure that your approach aligns with them. Additionally, be cautious with backlinks from low-quality or spammy websites, as these can potentially harm your reputation and search rankings.
#5. Utilize social media
Despite not being a direct affecting factor to SEO for Etsy, social media still indirectly influences shop visibility, brand exposure, shop traffic, and sales potential. Therefore, it is essential to promote Etsy shop through social media, and here are the ways to do so:
- Share your Etsy listings: Sharing your Etsy listings with compelling visuals or linking Etsy shops to social media on your social media can increase the visibility of your products, drive organic traffic to your Etsy shop, and potentially improve your search rankings.
- Optimize your profiles: Try to have relevant keywords in your bio, descriptions, and posts. This helps search engines understand the content of your profiles and associate them with relevant search queries.
- Engage with relevant communities: Join and interact with communities, groups, or forums on social media platforms that are related to your niche or industry. Believe it or not, community engagement helps establish your expertise, build relationships, and increase the visibility of your shop.
- Collaborate with influencers: Identify influencers or bloggers in your niche who have a significant following on social media and collaborate with them. Apparently, influencer partnerships can introduce your shop to a wider audience and potentially generate backlinks and social signals that positively impact your Etsy SEO.
- Encourage user-generated content: Lastly, user-generated content (UGC) can be a powerful tool for social proof and organic promotion. Regarding UGC content, you can try requesting customers to share reviews, tag your shop, or use a specific hashtag.
Expand Beyond Etsy with LitCommerce
Why to limit selling on Etsy? Leverage the power of multichannel selling to sell more. With LitCommerce, you can easily connect various sales channels and manage them in one dashboard.
Etsy Keyword Tool – FAQs
8 best Etsy keyword tools: You can find the right keywords for Etsy by using an Etsy keyword tool. However, keep in mind that you need to identify the right buying intent and sales targets. Yet, these can be resolved by using filters and consultancy within your business. The terms “sustainable” and “eco-friendly” are making the top Etsy searches in 2023. This partly reflects shopping tendencies in the marketplace. Also, other popular Etsy search terms refer to personalized clothing, home decor, and minimalist design.
8 best Etsy keyword tools:
You can find the right keywords for Etsy by using an Etsy keyword tool. However, keep in mind that you need to identify the right buying intent and sales targets. Yet, these can be resolved by using filters and consultancy within your business.
The terms “sustainable” and “eco-friendly” are making the top Etsy searches in 2023. This partly reflects shopping tendencies in the marketplace. Also, other popular Etsy search terms refer to personalized clothing, home decor, and minimalist design.
Finding Etsy Keyword Tools – Conclusion
It can be argued that the best Etsy keyword research tools do not come in a certain order. We have chosen and sorted them out according to their capabilities as a supporter. Therefore, you can see that our 8 recommendations for an Etsy keyword tool come with a specific title. Hopefully, such specifications will be helpful to you when you select your assistant.
Apart from Etsy keyword generators, the LitCommerce Retail Blog still has many more articles on Etsy SEO and eCommerce news. Beyond that, don’t hesitate to join our social community for e-sellers all around the world with just one simple click!
Finally, should you have any interest in multichannel selling, come and check out the LitCommerce solution. To get more information about it, you can reach us any time through our 24/7 live chat. We would be more than happy to consult with you!