This page addresses new data regulations and explains how LitCommerce processes sensitive data to better guarantee our customers security and control over the personal information. That our company strives to provide LitCommerce’s clients with seamless experience and data security is the main point we focus on while performing data integration across the shopping carts.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
Because LitCommerce deals with the personal data of EU citizens, the proper treatment of personal data of all clients, regardless of their nationality, is our company’s primary goal. We have taken a set of measures to get compliant with EU data protection requirements and we have also made the treatment of sensitive data even more transparent.
Quick summary of the updates?
LitCommerce guarantees that every client or website visitor has the right to:
- Inquire why and at what steps of cooperation the personal data is collected.
- Agree or disagree on providing personal info during the very first interaction with the website/service.
- Know what kind of information is collected by LitCommerce and how it will be processed.
- Request correction, amendment or extraction of their personal data.
- Ask to specify the ways the data provided is secured by LitCommerce.
Why does LitCommerce collect personal data?
LitCommerce is a GDPR-friendly company and has implemented all the necessary changes to the ways customers’ information is collected. Have trust to hand over your sensitive data in us and we’ll take all the necessary measures to guarantee its security and transparency. Here is why we collect customers personal information:
- To perform accurate data migration process.
- To send the important information about your migration, including the results of migration, price estimation and other significant migration-related notifications.
How long is the data being saved?
We’ll keep the record of the personal information you have provided for 30 days since the last interaction with the automated platform migration service. When the period expires, your personal information gets deleted and the process is irreversible.
How is the data protected?
LitCommerce has had 10 years experience in treating and protecting information. Some of the major LitCommerce security measures include:
- Server Security
- Data Security
- Data Access Security
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
- Payment Security
In case you need further assistance
LitCommerce Support Team will be happy to provide you with any assistance regarding your personal details or give you comprehensive answers for the way your data are treated by our system.